The City of Edmonton is looking at ways to improve the Kinsmen Sports Centre that will give it a fresh new look and feel and keep Edmontonians coming back year after year. This redesign will be driven by the community that knows it best and cares about its future.
The Kinsmen Sports Centre has been one of the premier sports facilities in Edmonton since it was built in 1968. For more than 40 years it has hosted many National and International sporting events including the 1978 Commonwealth Games and the World Masters Games in 2005.
The facility is also one of the most visited by residents, so we want your help to develop the Kinsmen Sports Centre Master Plan.
You can provide input in two ways: Comment here on Transforming Edmonton, or fill out our online survey that will be available until February 25th
The study will look at:
- How the Kinsmen Sports Centre is used today
- Who uses it, and what are their sporting activities?
- What are the strengths of the facility, and are there any sporting needs that cannot be met at present?
- How does the Kinsmen Sports Centre compare with the best facilities in other cities?
- How does the Kinsmen Centre fit within the whole spectrum of sport and recreation facilities in Edmonton, and
- What is the best use of the facility in the years to come?
Everyone is welcome to participate.
Kinsmen Sports Centre is your facility, so please take part in deciding its future.