Edmontonians passion for soccer has grown considerably since 2002 when many of us all watched the passion and spirit of young soccer stars such as Christine Sinclair and Erin McLeod in the FIFA U-19 Women’s World Championships.
Those same stars are about to make a return appearance to our fair city as members of the team that captured the hearts of Canada last summer with their bronze medal winning performance at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. So come on Edmonton this is our chance to show the spirit of our city and kick-off a night of fun, when we host a soccer match between Canadian Women’s National Team and Korea Republic on October 30, 2013 at Commonwealth Stadium.
How do I enter the contest?
The contest takes place from October 15 to 18, 2013.
A) Tweet us your favourite Canadian Women’s National Team player, using the #CanWNT and #YEG.
You are allowed one entry per Twitter account and your tweet must be tweeted before 23:00 MDT on Friday, October 18, 2013 to be eligible.
Three winners will be randomly selected in a draw on Monday, October 21 and will be notified by direct message on Twitter.
- Four tickets to the October 30, 2013 soccer match between Canada Women’s National Team and Korea Republic at Commonwealth Stadium.
- Four Canadian National Team jerseys.
- Four Canadian National Team scarves.
Two Secondary prizes:
- Two tickets to the October 30, 2013 soccer match between Canada Women’s National Team and Korea Republic at Commonwealth Stadium.
- Two Canadian National Team scarves.
Want to purchase tickets to the game?
Tickets for the match can be purchased at ticketmaster.ca, by phone at 1-855-985-5000 or in person at all Ticketmaster locations.
Hope to see you there!