Ask Me About the Budget: Session 2 with Community Services
Now is your chance to ask one or more of Edmonton’s senior managers about the City budget, and the programs and services the City provides.
Do you have questions about how the City manages the budget for fire rescue services and recreation centres? Post your questions here, and on Thursday, November 19, we’ll have senior managers from Community Services answering those questions live during one of a series of “Ask Me About the Budget” sessions. This is the second in a series of five sessions on the budget.
Thursday, November 19, 2015, noon–1pm. Ask Me About the Budget: Session 2 with Community Services
The Community Services Department manages hundreds of activities on any given day, ranging from:
- community recreation centres
- the Valley Zoo
- fire rescue services
- animal care
- bylaw complaints
- mosquito and coyote management
- weeds and sports field maintenance
- water parks
- river valley parks trails
- graffiti and litter reduction
- the Winter City Strategy
- the Green Shack program
You can check out the City’s proposed budgets in a number of different forms:
- the actual budget documents and the break down by departments – edmonton.ca/budget2016
- an interactive, user-friendly budget primer – yegcitybudget.ca
- an open data version of the budget – Open Budget
Submit your questions on this blog, now and in the days to come, for Community Services. We’ll be publishing the questions and posting live responses during the lunch hour on November 19, 2015. Join us then for a live, interactive question and answer session.