There are at least six reasons to watch and share the new Class of 2020 video from the City of Edmonton.
- You’re a high school graduate this year, and you didn’t get a high school grad this year. This video is for you. It’s a small way to recognize your hard work and to celebrate your accomplishment. And the diploma in resilience that you also earned during the pandemic.
- You’re a teacher, an administrator, a support staff worker. You provide the gift of a public education in Edmonton.
- You remember your own high school days. Cool to see those lockers, the library and the hallways again. They take you back. Even the skeletons.
- You wonder if, on his return to his own Edmonton high school, Mayor Don Iveson forgets to never walk on the school crest in the entranceway.
- You enjoy looking for symbolic things like how many doors in the high school the mayor walks through in the video.
- As a parent or guardian or family member, you’re excited to see what’s on the other side of the high school doors for the historic Class of 2020. ❤️
Here’s the video:
Thanks for watching.
Again, congrats to all the grads and everyone who supported them every year along the way. 🎓
Oh, yeah, we counted nine doors. Including the old locker. 🚪